Upgrade to infrared technology "in the twinkling of an eye" - the DrägerSensor IR can replace catalytic ex-sensors (catalytic bead sensors, pellistors) without additional installation work.
- Problem-free integration
The DrägerSensor IR emulates a Wheatstone half-bridge. A bridge signal is sent in mV, and the sensor responds to the control system in the same way as a pellistor.
For this reason, the DrägerSensor IR can be operated with all Dräger control systems without any problems. Furthermore, it can also be connected to almost all installed systems from other manufacturers, without having to modify the wiring.
- Immune to pellistor poisons
- Technological advantages in infrared technology (e.g. fail-safe operation or immunity against pellistor poisons) have been recognized and valued by the market for a long time. The DrägerSensor IR now also offers these plus points for systems that have already been installed. Its long life time of over 15 years and the maintenance costs, which are usually significantly lower than for pellistors, make it a cost-effective, premium solution.
- Smart and flexible
- The DrägerSensor IR offers a gas library with three gas categories: Methane, propane and ethylene. Therefore, nearly all hydrocarbons are detectable sufficiently well and sensitive. And finally, temperature-compensatory linearizing algorithms allow for signal output for individual substances. Through optional accessories – e.g. the process adapter or the duct mount set – a multitude of measuring tasks can be performed professionally.
- Temperature-compensatory and non-imaging optics
- Gas library with 3 gas categories: Methane, propane and ethylene (typical of most hydrocarbons), performance approved in accordance with IEC 60079
- Performance approval (in accordance with IEC 60079) for 13 further substances
- Dirt and dust protection through hydrophobic splash guard
- mV signal for Wheatstone bridge installations
- Specified temperature range from - 40 °C to + 65 °C / - 40 °F to + 149 °F
- Unrestricted usage in humid atmospheres
- Hermetically closed enclosure made of stainless steel SS 316
- Slim enclosure design for confined areas of use
- Long maintenance interval thanks to minimum long-term drift
- No moving parts
- Typical life time: 15 years
- Ex approvals for worldwide use: ATEX, IECEx, UL, CSA
- Dust ex approval for zone 21 and 22
- Ingress Protection: IP 65, IP 66 and IP 67
The new DrägerSensor IR offers a cost-efficient opportunity to benefit from IR-technological advantages without additional installation costs.
The DrägerSensor IR infrared gas sensor is a device used for stationary, continuous monitoring of the concentration of carburetted, combustible gases and vapours in the ambient air.
Protection of measuring cuvette against contamination and dust, water-resistant, always included.
Part number: 68 10 796
Calibration of the sensor (with mounted splash guard), up to wind speeds of 10 Bft, always included.
Part number: 68 10 859
Duct mount set
Assembly of sensors directly in pipelines, maintenance item for simple calibration.
Part number: 68 10 995
Dual-wall enclosure to prevent build up of dirt, e.g. salt-crust.
Part number: 68 11 135
Sampling or process applications, with gas inlet and gas outlet.
Part number: 68 11 330
Safe monitoring of flammable hydrocarbons – the Dräger PIR 3000 stands out through its high-quality measuring performance and its exceptional price-performance ratio.
The Dräger Polytron 2 XP Ex is an explosion proof gas detector for continuous monitoring of combustible gases and vapours in ambient air.
Tried and tested thousands of times and infinitely flexible. The modular Regard control system can be individually adapted to any monitoring task.
Robust and reliable. The compact Regard-1 single channel control system monitors the concentration of toxic gases, oxygen, combustible gases and vapors.
The Regard 3900 is a standalone, autonomous control system for up to 16 measuring channels. It is fully configurable and monitors the concentration of toxic gases, oxygen and combustible gases and vapors.
There are catalytic Catalytic Bead DrägerSensors for the detection of combustible gases and vapors – different versions for different applications.
Faster response – higher accuracy – greater stability – longer life: Dräger electrochemical sensors offer all these benefits. The robust and long-life sensors for Dräger Transmitters are used for the selective measuring of the smallest concentrations of toxic gases and oxygen in ambient air, under ambient conditions.
The best performance characteristics alongside the greatest flexibility – the gas library of the infrared-optical transmitter Dräger PIR 7000 can be freely configured and offers exceptional linearity for each library substance across the whole measuring range.
Suitable for robust use even under adverse ambient conditions – the flameproof, infrared-optical transmitter Dräger Polytron IR is characterized by its exceptional stability and longevity.
List of detectable gases and vapours.
For over 70 years, Dräger has been one of the technology leaders in gas detection.
When there’s danger in the air ... this can quickly pose a high risk to humans, the environment, and all types of property and systems. Recognize the threat before it is too late.
Safety Instrumented Systems are used to reduce the risk for the protection of people, plants, and environment.
Explosion hazards mostly arise from flammable gases and vapours. Instead of avoiding their ignition by explosion protection measures it may be preferable to detect them before they become ignitable.
Web site search
Dräger Safety Customer Support
Dräger Safety Customer Support