Dräger PIR 7000
The best performance characteristics alongside the greatest flexibility – the gas library of the infrared-optical transmitter Dräger PIR 7000 can be freely configured and offers exceptional linearity for each library substance across the whole measuring range.
- Exceptional signal stability
- Based on patented innovations, the Dräger PIR 7000 combines maximum light-efficient optics with a signal-stabilizing 4 beam technology. The double-compensating construction is characterized by the greatest possible robustness towards interferences (e.g. dust and dirt deposits). Due to its non-imaging nature, the measuring signal of the Dräger PIR 7000 remains unaffected by a partially covered beam. It can thus be ensured that the instrument fully complies with the requirement "no false alarms" .
- Fast response mode
- The sooner a measurable gas concentration is indicated, the faster counter measures can be initiated. The configurable response mode of the Dräger PIR 7000 can be set to "fast" for this purpose. In this mode, each measurable gas concentration is indicated within one second. In conjunction with low alarm thresholds, the gas transmitter can contribute to significantly reducing reaction times in the case of an emergency.
- Maximum reliability – SIL 2 certified!
- The Dräger PIR 7000 was developed and produced in accordance with SIL standards EN 61508 and EN 50402. For the first time ever, the software of a gas detection device was also assessed – excellent parameters and a SIL 2 certificate from the German TÜV certify the high product quality and reliability of the Dräger PIR 7000: Only two percent of a SIL 2 budget are utilized by the Dräger PIR 7000. Therefore, there is still much flexibility in the selection of control system and actuators. The Dräger PIR 7000 therefore not only meets the SIL 2 requirements but far surpasses them.
- Multiple configuration capabilities
- The standard parameterization of the Dräger PIR 7000 is based on many years of experience. Nonetheless, the device provides the option of setting many parameters specifically for customers and applications. This includes smaller measuring ranges, configurable special signals (for fault, beam block warning and maintenance) as well as adjustable LEL values. And by uploading additional substances into the gas library, the Dräger PIR 7000 can optimally display each target gas.
- Performance features
- Two versions (type 334 and type 340) with different measuring wavelengths for different hydrocarbons with different sensitivities
- Double-compensating and non-imaging optics (with 4-beam technology)
- Customer-specific gas library: methane and propane (as well as ethylene for type 334) always included, up to 10 further uploadable substances
- Configurable measuring range in %LEL, %(v/v) and ppm
- Fastest response time of less than 1 second (t0..90 time)
- Analog 4 to 20 mA and digital HART® output signal (including HART multidrop mode)
- Beam block warning signal in the case of contaminated optics for predictive maintenance
- Multiple configuration capabilities of all special signals (in accordance with NAMUR NE 43)
- Specified minimum supply voltage of 13 V DC
- Extended specified temperature range from - 40 °C to + 77 °C / - 40 °C to + 170 °F
- Unrestricted usage in humid atmospheres
- Hermetically close enclosure made of stainless steel SS 316L
- Long maintenance interval thanks to minimum long-term
Mounting the transmitter on flat or curved surfaces, vibration-resistant up to 4 G, flexibly mountable in any 90° direction.
Order No.: 68 11 648
Duct mount kit
Mounting the transmitter directly in the pipes, air-tight even under positive pressure, optional accessory parts for functional checks and remote calibration available.
Order No.: 68 11 850
Guards the measuring cuvette against dirt and dust, quick gas exchange through "chimney effect", reflecting fluorescent strips.
Order No.: 68 11 911
Guards against insects or spiders that might block the gas inlet or outlet apertures of the splash guard, UV resistant.
Order No.: 68 11 609
Guards the measuring cuvette against dirt and dust, can be combined with other accessory parts.
Order No.: 68 11 890
Calibrating a transmitter (with mounted splash guard), up to wind force 10 Bft, mountable with one hand.
Order No.: 68 11 610
The permanent display of the measuring mode or disruption with a green or yellow light signal, can be combined with other accessory parts.
Order No.: 68 11 625
Function test/calibration of the transmitter in high wind forces and/or high test gas concentration, including status display, suitable for process applications.
Order No.: 68 11 490
Remote test adapter
Function test/calibration of the transmitter with the usual test gas concentrations, including status display.
Order No.: 68 11 630
Sampling or process applications, fast response behavior through minimum inner volume, material: POM (conductible).
Order No.: 68 11 915
Sampling or process applications, fast response behavior through minimum inner volume, material: Stainless steel.
Order No.: 68 11 415
Simple and fast calibration (zero-point and sensitivity) of the transmitter, feedback through status lights.
Order No.: 45 43 428
Dräger CC-Vision GDS
Configuration and calibration software for the following stationary gas detection systems: Dräger PIR 7000, Dräger PIR 7200, Dräger Polytron 7000, including status and diagnosis functions.
Order No.: 68 11 989
Tried and tested thousands of times and infinitely flexible. The modular Regard control system can be individually adapted to any monitoring task.
The Regard 3900 is a standalone, autonomous control system for up to 16 measuring channels. It is fully configurable and monitors the concentration of toxic gases, oxygen and combustible gases and vapors.
Robust and reliable. The compact Regard-1 single channel control system monitors the concentration of toxic gases, oxygen, combustible gases and vapors.
Reliable in the harshest industrial conditions – the infrared-optical transmitter Dräger PIR 7200 offers drift-free optics for continuous monitoring of carbon dioxide (CO2).
Safe monitoring of flammable hydrocarbons – the Dräger PIR 3000 stands out through its high-quality measuring performance and its exceptional price-performance ratio.
Suitable for robust use even under adverse ambient conditions – the flameproof, infrared-optical transmitter Dräger Polytron IR is characterized by its exceptional stability and longevity.
The Dräger Polytron 2 XP Ex is an explosion proof gas detector for continuous monitoring of combustible gases and vapours in ambient air.
Highly developed technology in Open-Path gas detection – the Dräger Polytron Pulsar 2 is intended for the detection of a range of gaseous hydrocarbons. This includes the alcane series from methane to hexane, propylene, ethylene, methanole and ethanole. Equipped with either a terminal box or a certified cable entry point, the detector can be very flexibly installed.
Reliable detection of flames and high immunity against false alarms: The Dräger Flame 2300 is an explosion-proof UV/IR flame detector, which detects fires of substances that emit infrared and ultraviolet radiation such as hydrocarbon fuels. Due to different connection possibilities, the detector can be used in a very wide range of applications.
List of detectable gases and vapours.
For over 70 years, Dräger has been one of the technology leaders in gas detection.
Safety Instrumented Systems are used to reduce the risk for the protection of people, plants, and environment.
Explosion hazards mostly arise from flammable gases and vapours. Instead of avoiding their ignition by explosion protection measures it may be preferable to detect them before they become ignitable.
Web site search
Dräger Safety Customer Support
Dräger Safety Customer Support